Life has been super hectic for me. Somehow I had the idea that retirement would be a slower pace. Not necessarily so.
Starting May 31 and going through a week ago, I spent 3 glorious weeks with family and friends. Hubby and I also spent a great deal of that time house hunting in the southeastern part of the US. We found a beautiful home that we are scheduled to close on the end of July. Now if we could sell our present home. I know “Let go and let God”. That is often a hard thing to accomplish.
I was surprised and happy to see a recipe of mine made the rounds today thanks to Gluten Freely. Some time ago I entered a contest they were having while I didn’t win it was fun and then this morning I saw my recipe featured in their email alert.
- 1 box (15 oz) Betty Crocker® Gluten Free yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 oz) package gluten-free lime gelatin
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup key lime juice or 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free lemon extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 oz gluten-free cream cheese, softened (from 8 oz pkg)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free lemon extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 325?F. Line 15 medium muffin cups with cupcake liners. Lightly spray inside of liners with cooking spray; set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together cake mix and gelatin. Beat in butter, water, lime juice, lemon extract and eggs on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 3 minutes until thick and fluffy. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake 19 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
- In medium bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, lime zest and lemon extract until combined. Beat in powdered sugar on low speed. Beat in just enough milk to make frosting spreadable. Frost cupcakes with frosting.
photo courtesy of Gluten Freely™ Kitchen Editorial team.